See how you can get to the ‘sole’ of the problem!
What falls into this category?
- Ligament sprains or tears (ATFL, AITFL, deltoid ligament & more)
- Achilles or other tendon issues
- Plantar fasciitis
- Mortons neuroma
- Muscle strain
- Ankle Fracture or dislocation
What are the symptoms?
- Foot pain
- Heel pain
- Muscle weakness
- Sensation of “Walking on a pebble/marble”
- Weakness/Instability/poor balance (from previous sprain)
- Being unable to weight-bear (this may be post-injury) on affected foot/ankle
- Loss of motion or flexibility in the ankle and/or foot
When should I get treatment?
The structure of each individual’s feet can be so unique! Several issues can arise from foot & ankle issues, and we need a strong, steady base of support for the rest of our body to move around on, so if this issue is affecting the way you’re walking or moving and it’s not improving, then it’s best to have someone assess what’s happening and resolve the problem.
What treatments help?
- Footwear is an important question to address when dealing with foot/ankle pain or dysfunction
- Some manual therapy may provide relief
- Exercises to release tension or increase mobility may be prescribed
- Education about the injury, healing time, pain relief, walking patterns and footwear
- Orthotics can also help in some instances, but if you’re not using a combo of the methods above too, so despite the cost – don’t think this alone will magically fix you!