Office jobs can leave you hunched over for hours. Even with the perfect setup, your muscles hate being stuck in the same position. Don’t let pain affect your productivity or life!
What falls into this category?
- Neck muscle strain
- Cervical facet sprain
- Headache, migraine
- Rotator cuff tendinopathy or shoulder pain
- Lateral epicondylitis (‘tennis’ elbow)
- Adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder)
- Thoracic facet or rib joint sprain
- Lumbar disc bulge
- Sacroiliac joint sprain
- Trochanteric bursitis
What are the symptoms?
- Neck and back pain
- Muscle strain and spasms
- Referred shoulder/arm/hand pain
- Numbness, tingling, pins & needles, weakness
When should I get treatment?
If your pain is affecting your work productivity, sleep, leaving you feeling sluggish and unmotivated, or interfering with your enjoyment of daily activities, treatment is definitely a wise option! When you’ve felt it building up, attempted a few things, googled and still feel like the problem isn’t really changing – then it’s time.
What treatments help?
- Education about the issue causing your problem
- Ergonomic changes accordingly where possible/appropriate
- Manual therapy (muscle release)
- Exercise prescription for strengthening the area
- Stretching prescription