Active jobs are great until things hurt too much. Find out how to tackle your pain and stay working as much as you want to.
What falls into this category?
- Muscle strain
- Disc injury (annular tear, disc bulge, disc herniation etc)
- Facet joint sprain
- Sacroiliac joint (SIJ) sprain
What are the symptoms?
- Stiffness or loss of motion
- Referred hip/leg/foot pain
- Numbness, tingling, pins & needles
- Muscle Weakness
When should I get treatment?
We all need our tradies in business, not crippled on the couch! Treatment is a good idea if pain/discomfort persists for more than a week, or is making you change the way you work.
What treatments help?
- Manual therapy for improved function & symptomatic relief
- Exercise prescription for stretching and/or strengthening appropriate muscles
- Learning about which part of work is causing it so you can adjust or strengthen yourself
- Reducing aggravating factors such as bending from the back repetitively with load/weight