Learn how to stop your dizziness or vertigo. It can be frustrating when an episode of vertigo occurs, or keeps coming back.
What falls into this category?
- Dizziness and balance issues
- Vertigo (BPPV)
What are the symptoms?
When should I get treatment?
When you can’t move easily without needing to pause for 30 seconds with or without nausea and vomiting.
What treatments help?
- It’s important to establish the correct diagnosis as treatment will vary – problems can be related to blood sugar, blood pressure, poor muscle strength, labyrinthitis, Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo
- Your GP may prescribe some medications to help with the nausea associated
- Epley maneuver are often poorly performed at home, but performed by a professional can result in a significant improvement of symptoms
- Manual treatment to improve movement
- Exercises can also help to reduce symptoms and prevent recurrence